The Correction Detail Package starts where the Enhancement Detail finishes. The main difference is that this service includes multiple stages of machine polishing. By using a combination of pads, compounds and polsihes tailored to your specific paintwork condition, we are able to remove most surface defects such as oxidisation/swirls/holograms as well as light scratches, etched-in stains and other unsightly blemishes. The final result leaves a near-perfect surface, meaning extreme depth of colour and the highest levels of gloss. This 'higher tier' of service is for customers who's vehicle may have poorer paint to start with and where the end result needs to be near concourse ready.
Stage 1: Surface Preparation
Wheel Cleaning Process
- Wheels sprayed with a pH neutral pre-cleanser
- Dirt removed with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Tar removal treatment
- Fallout remover used to remove iron deposits and staining from brake dust
- Tyres cleaned with APC (all purpose cleaner) & brush
- Wheel arches cleaned with APC & soft brush
- Wheels dried with warm air blower
Bodywork Cleaning Process
- Pre-wash citrus cleaner on lower parts of the car to remove road grime
- Door shuts sprayed with APC and cleaned with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Bodywork rinsed with a hot water pressure washed
- Pre-wash snow foam used and left to dwell to break down surface dirt
- All ‘nooks and crannies’ cleaned with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Full rinse
- pH neutral shampoo used to ensure the vehicle’s existing protection is not affected
- Two bucket method car wash, 1 panel at a time using a soft lambswool mitt
- Full rinse
- Tar deposits and contaminations removed using tar remover and other fallout removers as required
- Full rinse
- Vehicle dried with ultra soft, fluffy micro fibre drying towel & then blown dry with warm air
- All paintwork and glass treated with clay bar to remove contaminants bonded to the paintwork
All paintwork and glass is carefully worked over with a high quality detailing clay. This is done to remove contaminants that have become bonded to the paintwork and leaves a silky smooth surface once removed.
The vehicle undergoes a 50 point paint depth reading using an ultrasonic paint depth gauge. This includes plastics and any carbon-fibre parts and panels.
panels. The paintwork is then assessed under high intensity lighting to reveal all defects.
Stage 2: Paintwork Correction
This is the stage where the actual process of removing blemishes happens. Depending on the severity of the marring, numerous passes are made with a polishing machine using a wide range of cutting compounds to 'flatten out' the paintwork. The surface is then polished again with lighter compounds to enhance the finish.
- All delicate areas such as rubber/plastic trims are blocked off with special purpose masking tape
- Multiple stages of correction using cutting compounds as required. Swirls, holograms, micro-marring and scratches are removed, using the safest tools and techniques.
- Refinement polish performed to increase clarity and gloss in the paintwork
Stage 3: Protection
The final stage of any detailing package is to apply layers of protection. This enhances gloss, reduces build up of grime and helps protection the paintwork from incurring new defects in the future.
As standard, two coats of premium carnuba wax are applied to the paintwork giving 4-6 months protection. The customer is given several upgrade options including high-end waxes or sealants, some capable of offering up to 5 years of protection.
Alloy wheels are treated with a high temperature wheel sealant to help prevent brake dust and road grime from re-bonding. Tyres are dressed to leave a natural ‘new’ appearance.
- Glass cleaned inside & out
- All rubbers dressed & sealed
- Exterior metals and chrome polished
- Exhaust tips polished with metal polished and then sealed with a metal sealant
The Correction Detail is priced from £600
Total time required: 4+ days
(All prices are a guideline and will vary depending on size and condition of vehicle)