The Enhancement Package includes a single-stage machine polish. This offers a first level removal of light surface defects (oxidisation/swirls/holograms), leaving sharper reflections, added gloss and depth to the vehicle’s final finish.
This is achieved by selecting a pad and product combination to suit the vehicle and its paint, which offers a level of correction whilst also offering a level of refinement at the same time ensuring a much glossier and sharper finish. This is where you start to really see the benefits of a professional detail.
Stage 1: Surface Preparation
Wheel Cleaning Process
- Wheels sprayed with a pH neutral pre-cleanser
- Dirt removed with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Tar removal treatment
- Fallout remover used to remove iron deposits and staining from brake dust
- Tyres cleaned with APC (all purpose cleaner) & brush
- Wheel arches cleaned with APC & soft brush
- Wheels dried with warm air blower
Bodywork Cleaning Process
- Pre-wash citrus cleaner on lower parts of the car to remove road grime
- Door shuts sprayed with APC and cleaned with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Bodywork rinsed with a hot water pressure washed
- Pre-wash snow foam used and left to dwell to break down surface dirt
- All ‘nooks and crannies’ cleaned with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Full rinse
- pH neutral shampoo used to ensure the vehicle’s existing protection is not affected
- Two bucket method car wash, 1 panel at a time using a soft lambswool mitt
- Full rinse
- Tar deposits and contaminations removed using tar remover and other fallout removers as required
- Full rinse
- Vehicle dried with ultra soft, fluffy micro fibre drying towel & then blown dry with warm air
- All paintwork and glass treated with clay bar to remove contaminants bonded to the paintwork
All paintwork and glass is carefully worked over with a high quality detailing clay. This is done to remove contaminants that have become bonded to the paintwork and leaves a silky smooth surface once removed.
The vehicle undergoes a 50 point paint depth reading using an ultrasonic paint depth gauge. This includes plastics and any carbon-fibre parts and panels.
panels. The paintwork is then assessed under high intensity lighting to reveal all defects.
Stage 2: Paintwork Correction
This is the stage where the actual process of removing blemishes happens. A single pass is made with a polishing machine to 'flatten out' the paintwork while polishing the surface at the same time.
- All delicate areas such as rubber/plastic trims are blocked off with special purpose masking tape
- Cutting/polishing compound used to remove most swirls, holograms, micro-marring and fine scratches
Stage 3: Protection
The final stage of any detailing package is to apply layers of protection. This enhances gloss, reduces build up of grime and helps protection the paintwork from incurring new defects in the future.
As standard, two coats of premium carnuba wax are applied to the paintwork giving 4-6 months protection. The customer is given several upgrade options including high-end waxes or sealants, some capable of offering up to 5 years of protection.
Alloy wheels are treated with a high temperature wheel sealant to help prevent brake dust and road grime from re-bonding. Tyres are dressed to leave a natural ‘new’ appearance.
- Glass cleaned inside & out
- All rubbers dressed & sealed
- Exterior metals and chrome polished
- Exhaust tips polished with metal polished and then sealed with a metal sealant
The enhancement detail is priced from £400
Total time required: 3+ days
(All prices are a guideline and will vary depending on size and condition of vehicle)