The Protection detail is aimed at vehicles with paint work that is already in very good condition thus only needing a thorough cleaning, cleansing and protection added.
The process will not only give your vehicle the protection it deserves, but will also make maintenance so much easier, meaning you can keep it looking it's very best.
Stage 1: Surface Preparation
Wheel Cleaning Process
- Wheels sprayed with a pH neutral pre-cleanser
- Dirt removed with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Tar removal treatment
- Fallout remover used to remove iron deposits and staining from brake dust
- Tyres cleaned with APC (all purpose cleaner) & brush
- Wheel arches cleaned with APC & soft brush
- Wheels dried with warm air blower
Bodywork Cleaning Process
- Pre-wash citrus cleaner on lower parts of the car to remove road grime
- Door shuts sprayed with APC and cleaned with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Bodywork rinsed with a hot water pressure washed
- Pre-wash snow foam used and left to dwell to break down surface dirt
- All ‘nooks and crannies’ cleaned with a soft bristle detailing brush
- Full rinse
- pH neutral shampoo used to ensure the vehicle’s existing protection is not affected
- Two bucket method car wash, 1 panel at a time using a soft lambswool mitt
- Full rinse
- Tar deposits and contaminations removed using tar remover and other fallout removers as required
- Full rinse
- Vehicle dried with ultra soft, fluffy micro fibre drying towel & then blown dry with warm air
- All paintwork and glass treated with clay bar to remove contaminants bonded to the paintwork
All paintwork and glass is carefully worked over with a high quality detailing clay. This is done to remove contaminants that have become bonded to the paintwork and leaves a silky smooth surface once removed.
The vehicle undergoes a 50 point paint depth reading using an ultrasonic paint depth gauge. This includes plastics and any carbon-fibre parts and panels.
panels. The paintwork is then assessed under high intensity lighting to reveal all defects.
The car is then treated to a full application of a pre-wax cleanser applied via a Dual Action polisher to freshen the paint's finish & improve gloss levels.
Stage 2: Protection
The final stage of any detailing package is to apply layers of protection. This enhances gloss, reduces build up of grime and helps protection the paintwork from incurring new defects in the future.
As standard, two coats of premium carnuba wax are applied to the paintwork giving 4-6 months protection. The customer is given several upgrade options including high-end waxes or sealants, some capable of offering up to 5 years of protection.
Alloy wheels are treated with a high temperature wheel sealant to help prevent brake dust and road grime from re-bonding. Tyres are dressed to leave a natural ‘new’ appearance.
- Glass cleaned inside & out
- All rubbers dressed & sealed
- Exterior metals and chrome polished
- Exhaust tips polished with metal polished and then sealed with a metal sealant
The Protection Detail is priced from £250
Total time required: 2+ days
(All prices are a guideline and will vary depending on size and condition of vehicle)